Audit Senior Associates
The Audit Senior reports to the Audit Manager and/or Audit Partner and is responsible for organizing and managing client engagements and projects including the completion of engagement tasks and project components.
- Manage client engagements, ensuring the overall success of each engagement.
- Acquires strong working knowledge of client’s business.
- Builds strong working relationships with clients.
- Effectively documents work.
- Identifies, communicates, and solves engagement and technical issues as well as communicates engagement progress in a timely and organized manner.
- Assists in identifying business development opportunities and in developing new business proposals, budgets, and fee quotes.
- Supervises, trains and mentors Audit Associates.
- Works as an effective team member to successfully complete engagements including: (a) Preparing financial statements, footnote disclosures and management letter comments. (b) Assisting with engagement administration including developing audit programs and customized procedures, budgets, and engagement letters. (c) Establishing work schedules using effective engagement management techniques. (d) Researching and analyzing financial statement and audit related issues.
- Strong management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, technical and research skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing client and business dynamics with recommended solutions.
- Be dedicated to providing personalized attention and service.
- Be a proactive and strategic solution provider.
- Be a relationship builder.
- Be a collaborative team player.
- Be trustworthy.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification and active license (or actively working to obtain certification).
- 2‐4 years audit experience in a public accounting firm.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP, generally accepted auditing standards, internal controls and complex audit procedures and techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs, QuickBooks, Accounting CS, Workpaper CS (or equivalent software).