International Tax Director (All Florida)
The International Tax Advisor will provide guidance on tax implications of foreign investments and will oversee the preparation of corporate tax returns that include foreign income.
- May supervise and manage the work of tax preparers and other staff who work with international investments and/or international tax returns.
- Prepares domestic and international tax returns that include complex international income situations.
- Provides expert guidance and advice on foreign investments, legally minimizing clients’ tax liability.
- Maintains current knowledge of foreign and U.S. tax laws; monitors the effect of proposed and enacted changes to these laws on foreign-earned income.
- Forecasts tax liability based on past and future transactions.
- Assesses risk associated with international investments.
- Coordinates with outside auditors as needed to facilitate annual audit practices; provides international tax and investment information required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extremely proficient with accounting and tax preparation software.
- Extensive knowledge of international tax laws and U.S. tax laws regarding foreign income.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA designation required.
- Five years of experience in international tax law compliance preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.