Purchasing Production Manager
The Purchasing and Production Manager will oversee and direct the activities of the purchasing department and plan, schedule, implement, and monitor production activities, ensuring contract requirements, product specifications, and deadlines are met..
· Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
· Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
· Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
· Reviews contract specifications, drawings, sales orders, and other project documents to understand requirements.
· Identifies acquires and ensures the availability of materials and supplies.
· Identifies requirements for packaging and shipping.
· Prepares and presents market conditions and merchandise cost reports.
· Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment.
· Drafts, explains and implements instructions, policies, and procedures for purchasing and contract management.
· Evaluates and approves conditions for issuing and awarding bids.
· Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
· Prepares workforce projections and budget estimates based on a summary of labor hours and material costs for each job.
· Maintains and/or implements purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
· Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Thorough understanding of materials and supplies used in the company.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
· At least three years of experience in related field required.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
· Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine needs.
· May require travel.