Sales Account Manager
The Wholesale and Manufacturing Sales Representative for Technical and Scientific Products will sell and provide guidance about products needed by wholesalers and manufacturers in technical and scientific fields.
- Develops and maintains relationships with potential and existing clients in the technical and scientific wholesale and manufacturing fields.
- Identifies and locates new clients through a variety of methods including networking and cold calls.
- Develops and implements strategies for sales in an assigned region or industry.
- Applies knowledge of the field and product features to match products to the needs of clients.
- Answers inquiries from clients concerning products, their uses, and the industry at large.
- Provides information, quotes, credit terms, and other bid specifications to clients.
- Negotiates prices, terms of sales, and/or service agreements; prepare contracts and submits orders.
- Collaborates with purchasing departments, managers, and other staff to confirm that orders are processed with accuracy and efficiency and that products are distributed properly.
- Periodically prepares and reports results, the status of accounts, and leads to manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of technical or scientific products to be sold.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Biology, Engineering, or related field required; MBA is preferred for advancement.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Travel to meet with clients or potential clients will be required on occasion.